Thursday, February 16, 2012

Meet the Daft Staff

     Cody


I'm Cody. I'm the person you are most likely to see at the shop. I'm the co-owner of Daft Crafts. I am 26 years old. I am heavily involved with animal rescue and foster dogs and cats, as well as collect donations for local rescues and distribute them, and help find homes for shelter pets or rescue take-ins. I also own Lu & Ed. I make fun, one-of-a-kind monster storage solutions for kids called Mon-stors. I started that up about three years ago, and sold primarily through craft shows and online. I got an invite to sell at Scrivner's in Leavenworth, and fell in love. I saw what a positive thing a creative environment breeds, and started the wheels in motion to open a place to bring that to our community here in Independence. Eight weeks later, we opened Daft Crafts, and it's become what it is today (awesome).

    Trace

This is Trace, my fiancè. He is the other co-owner (*cough*pockets) behind Daft Crafts. He puts up with all my crazy ideas, like "Hey, you know what we should do? Open a store!" and doesn't really complain too awfully much about them. He is a Certified Cisco Network Engineer, so he's not at the shop too often, but you may see him on occasion.


    Allysha

Allysha is currently attending college to achieve her Associates in Arts and then plans to continue on into a Psychology Major to become an Art Therapist. She decided to live her life unemployed from corporate jobs about two months ago to follow the dream life of living off her art. She is the creator of Almond Eye Creations. She volunteers at Daft once a month and instructs 3-4 classes a month, including clay throwing, glazing, wire wrapping, hemp braiding, jewelry making and more!



No comments:

Post a Comment